Endocrinology studies the regulation of physiological processes through chemicals called hormones, and treats the diseases related to the glands producing them, i.e. the endocrine glands.
Endocrinologists are doctors specialising in diagnosing and treating endocrine glands.
Areas of intervention
Areas of activity include:
- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Hypothalamic and pituitary diseases
- Diseases of the adrenal glands
- Testicular and ovary diseases
- Changes in growth
- Tumours of the endocrine glands
- Diabetes mellitus and other metabolic disorders
- Hormonal changes
Hospital da Ordem Terceira do Chiado provides Endocrinology appointments, and diagnostic testing for such diseases.
Hospital da Ordem Terceira do Chiado has Endocrinology appointments.